Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and perform the network modeling, analysis, planning, implementation, and migration/integration of network infrastructure project including networking equipment routers, switches, servers, firewalls, proxies and security appliances
- Understand and analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Being hands-on and champion efforts to develop proof-of-concept / proof-of-value for transforming existing network landscape
- Prepare network documentation such as network diagram, network design with rationale of design, implementation plan and power point slides on proposals for new features to address network issues.
- Design security and integrity controls by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Determine requirements and develop a phase test plan, identifying optimal schedules and means for executing test scripts and resolving infrastructure malfunctions where required
- Making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operational costs
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Provide solutions to enhance the efficiency of current networks infrastructure
- Identify, analyse issues, make recommendations, and escalate issues for resolution in a timely manner
- Manage the collaboration with external consultants or vendors
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant
Work Experience Requirements:
- 6 years of experience in the telecommunications field with the architecture design and deployment of mid to large enterprise networks
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Data Centre network architectures, enterprise design and industry standards relevant to data communications / networking and computing.
- Knowledge of command structures and system component relationships for latest generation Network and Security infrastructure
- Ability to direct project design and planning activities associated with complex or large sized network infrastructure development projects.
- Extensive knowledge in CISCO Switches (Cisco Catalyst), Firewall (Checkpoint, SonicWall, Fortigate), Transceiver, PROXY, Router, DNS ,VPN, WAF and IPS etc
- Possess Sonicwall Certification will be an added advantage
- Professional certification in CISSP, CCIE, CCNA, or CCNP are advantageous
- Networking and associated protocols including TCP/UDP, DMVPN, OSPF, BGP, DNS, SNMP and other internet associated protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Expert knowledge in multiple architectural domains and network design to include routing, switching, datacenter and security.
- Proven records of successful firewall migration
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Problem solving skills. Ability to analyse complex problems and determine solutions.
- Innovative thinking capability, with a passion for thinking out of the box and introduction of new technologies
- Big picture thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Service-oriented, interpersonal skills and adaptable to a fast-paced dynamic environment
We offer successful candidates a very competitive remuneration package with comprehensive range of benefits.