Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in network infrastructure design and implementation.
- Understand and analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Provide support in designing security and integrity controls by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Prepare network documentation such as network diagram, network design with rationale of design, implementation plan and power point slides on proposals for new features to address network issues.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling systems
- Identify, analyse issues, make recommendations, and escalate issues for resolution in a timely manner
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Analyze and monitor server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security holes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or relevant
Work Experience Requirements:
- 4 years of experience in the telecommunications field in managing and deployment of mid to large enterprise networks
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Data Centre network architectures, enterprise design and industry standards relevant to data communications / networking and computing.
- Knowledge of command structures and system component relationships for latest generation Network and Security infrastructure
- Knowledge in CISCO Switches (Cisco Catalyst), Firewall (Checkpoint, SonicWall, Fortigate), Transceiver, PROXY, Router, DNS, VPN, WAF and IPS etc
- Possess Sonicwall Related Certification will be an added advantage
- Professional certification in CISSP, CCIE, CCNA, or CCNP are advantageous
- Networking and associated protocols including TCP/UDP, DMVPN, OSPF, BGP, DNS, SNMP and other internet associated protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Knowledge in multiple architectural domains and network design to include routing, switching, datacenter and security.
- Good understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Problem solving skills. Ability to analyse complex problems and determine solutions.
- Innovative thinking capability, with a passion for thinking out of the box and introduction of new technologies
- Service-oriented, interpersonal skills and adaptable to a fast-paced dynamic environment
We offer successful candidates a very competitive remuneration package with comprehensive range of benefits.