A two pronged approach whereby visitors’ experience is enhanced with minimal congestion and company’s security remains uncompromised. Visitor Management System includes automated registration for entry as well as the ability to monitor and alert security on intruders accessing off limit areas. Timely comprehensive management reports are also provided with easily retrieved data.
With Visitor Management System, visitors are only able to visit levels from the temporary access cards given to them by security. This access card will have to be exchanged at the security desk for their Identification Cards.
Visitor Management System works in tandem with CCTV technology to help monitor the activities of visitors and ensure they are only in the facility for the original intended purpose. Security can also locate them easily if they do not follow accordingly.
With VMS, disruptions to office staff by unruly visitors can be minimised and reduced to a smaller area. This reduces loss of man-hours and benefits the building’s occupants.
Lastly, VMS allows for an occupancy measure at any time of the building’s operations, how long each visitor has stayed for, what are the main purposes visitors visit the building for. This data can help the management to decide how to optimize its operations, and whether to focus more on visitor attractions or sales.
For an integrated VMS and security system for your building complex, these features should be included:
Features of a Visitor Management System
- Appointment System – For visitors to book beforehand with the company, and the company to inform security management before the appointment date
- Registration Counter – A physical and presentable counter set up to welcome visitors, as well as easy contact with companies in the building
- Turnstile Gantry System – Staff or registered visitors will enter by tapping on the gantry. Unregistered visitors will not be able to enter.
- Lift Management System – The crucial part of the VMS, this will prevent visitors from accessing levels which they are not given access to. This needs to be integrated with a card access system to work effectively.
- Card Access System – This system should be easily programmable by security so that the correct level of access is given to visitors.